ATIGS USA 2018
ATIGS USA 2018
“Driving Trade, Unleashing Investment and Enhancing Economic Development”
In 2018, we hosted a successful ATIGS USA 2018 on June 24-26 in Washington DC at the Ronald Reagan Building and World Trade Center. with more than 2,300 delegates from 92 countries, and over one (1) billion U.S dollars’ worth of deals were signed at the event. We occupied 48, 600 sq. ft. (Total ATIGS spaces), and celebrated the accomplishment of 10 pavilions, 186 Accredited Investor Groups, 87 Exhibitors, 2 Exhibition Halls, 150+ National Trade & Investment Agencies, 24 Country Presentations, and much more.
In general, the Summit provided three overarching objectives:
- Promoting international trade in Africa;
- Facilitating foreign direct investment in Africa; and
- Providing a platform for businesses to expand into Africa markets
The Summit achieved four key objectives:
- Increased insight into the major challenges and key opportunities for doing business in Africa, through a variety of exceptional and carefully conceived conference sessions:
- Investment and Business in Africa
- Trade & Investment in Africa
- Mega Projects in Africa
ATIGS USA 2018 was a great success for both the hosting country, sponsors, and the participants. High-potential projects were presented to a select audience which led to direct engagement, deal-making, co-investments, and the establishment of business partnerships. Over one (1) billion U.S dollars’ worth of deals were signed during ATIGS USA 2018. ATIGS 2018 also featured on the Nasdaq Tower, Times square, New York, the most valuable advertising spaces in the world, and in 2018, ATIGS was the premier Africa-focused event held in USA.
ATIGS USA 2018 exceeded expectations. The Summit’s theme “Driving Trade, Unleashing Investment and Enhancement Economic Development: the Gateway to African Markets,” provided a unique platform mix for companies to expand and establish business operations in Africa and acquire strategic knowledge needed to establish and sustain market presence and success.
ATIGS USA 2018 Key Numbers
ATIGS celebrate the following accomplishments:
186 Accredited investor groups
24 Country presentations
2,345 Delegates attended
92 Countries represented
28 Press conferences and announcement
262 Government dignitaries (high-level)
ATIGS Deal Rooms
156 deals were submitted to be showcase in deal rooms. 67 bankable projects valued at USD 8.2 billion across 14 countries selected and presented in ATIGS Deal Rooms.
Africa FDI Shark Tank
114 projects submitted for Africa FDI Shark Tank. A program that offers a chance for project developers to pitch their bankable project for 15-20 minutes privately to accredited investors (Sharks) during ATIGS. 21 projects selected for Africa FDI Shark Tank.
ATIGS Business Matchmaking
1894 Connection requests that were sent through the ATIGS Business Matchmaking App (1435 accepted). The matchmaking is arranged through an easy-to-use technology platform, combined with personalized service to help maximize delegates networking opportunities. With the tool, delegates pre-scheduled meetings to conduct during ATIGS conference – it’s that easy!
MOU Signings Room
USD 1 billion worth of deals signed from 18 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signing.
ATIGS USA 2018 IN NUMBERS
- 2,345 Delegates
- 92 Countries represented
- 87 Exhibitors
- 162 Featured Speakers
- 320 Panelists & Moderators
- 186 Accredited Investor Groups
- 150+ National Trade & Investment Agencies / Organizations
- 31 Delegation Groups
- 262 High-level Government Dignitaries, Vice-Presidents, Ministers, Governors, Ambassadors
- 14 Conference Session Rooms
- 24 Country Presentations
- 27 Conference Tracks
- 7 Bilateral Tracks
- 8 Networking Programs
- Occupied 48, 600 sq. ft. (Total ATIGS Spaces)
- 2 Exhibition Halls
- 10 Pavilions
- 3 Venues
SUPPORTING & SPONSORING PARTNERS
- 11 Mega Sponsors
- 54 Partners
- 75 Supporting Partners
- 62 Featured Media Partners
Among which: Lufthansa Group, Banco Sol, Foster LP, GRUPO ASAS, International Trade Council, Invest Africa, Asian-African Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Africa Business Venture, USBACC, Oxford Business Group, African Agri Council, FDI Intelligence, American Business Television .
- 16 Sectors focus at the Conference & Exhibition
- 13 Sectors Briefings
- Red Carpet & Awards Ceremony
- Business Matchmaking
- High-potential Projects Showcase
- FDI Shark Tank
- ATIGS Expression of Culture Arts
- Book Signings & Tours
- Press Conferences
- MOU Signing Ceremony & Special side Events